Milcor UL-SEE automatically operating heat and smoke vents are listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. and Factory Mutual Research Corporation. Sizes are as indicated on page 17.
Welded 13-1/2" height, 16-gauge galvanized steel (UL-SEE), or .090 aluminum (UL-SEEA) curb complete with 3-1/2" pre-drilled mounting flanges and same gauge counterflashing, and 1" thick exterior insulation.
Damage resistant, light admitting, polycarbonate outer dome with 1/8" polycarbonate inner dome, surrounded by an extruded aluminum frame. Consult Milcor for tint options that are available.
• Covers automatically spring open to approximately 90 degrees in the event of fire, actuated by the parting of a single UL-listed 165°F fusible link, and automatically lock fully open.
• Covers are of double-leaf construction, with each leaf equipped with sufficient torsion spring operators to open against a 10 psf snow or wind load.
• Units are equipped with hydraulic shock absorbers to control cover opening speed and prevent over-travel.
• Covers will not open when subjected to uplift pressure up to 30 psf.
• Vent design allows covers to be released manually from inside or outside without disturbing the fusible link assembly.
• Covers latch automatically and manual release mechanism resets automatically by closing covers.